Monday, December 29, 2008

What A Merry Christmas We Had!



We had a wonderful Christmas!! We headed down on Christmas Eve and spent a few days with Riley’s family and then a few days with mine. It was so much fun watching Gavin open his very first Christmas presents and all the grandparents made sure he got spoiled! Actually they made sure we all got spoiled! My favorite present was a picture of Christ by Greg Olsen that Riley gave me. I would love to put some pictures on here of Gavin opening his presents but I probably won’t go get a CD of pictures made for a while and I didn’t want to wait that long.
We had so much fun spending time with family and friends! I saw so many acts of service and charity that really made the Christmas spirit come to life. Looking back I wish I would have found a few more ways to serve those around me. We have truly been blessed and the Lord has been so mindful of us this year. I am so grateful for my Savior, his perfect and unending love, and the gospel that is so full of light and truth.

Top Five Christmas Holiday Moments:

5-Coming home to at least two feet of snow and then getting stuck as Riley tried to pull into the driveway.
4- Seeing old friends at a mission homecoming and a mission farewell.
3- Going to a surprisingly spiritual and uplifting wedding dinner for our friends Brittany and Buddy.
2- Watching Gavin be so serious and business-like about tearing apart and eating all the wrapping paper in sight.
1-Spending time with the people we love the most!!

4 comments:

The Shurtleffs said...

Oh my stars! You're a mommy and I didn't even know it! The things one finds out when surfing blogs...Congrats! (although a bit late) Hope life's treating you well.
-HayLee

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest blog I have ever seen!!! Gavin is SO cute!!!
Natalie

AnneMarie said...

I'm so glad I got to see you over the holidays, you guys are amazing!!

Janelle and Daniel Champion said...

I just love you and I'm so glad that our husbands were able to really hang out and laugh together! We miss you Worwoods!