Friday, April 17, 2009

Watch out New York...Here comes Riley!

So Riley leaves for New York on Sunday. I feel like my whole world is about to get flipped upside down. I'm kinda jealous too! I want to go explore the Big Apple and spend time with all of our family and friends going out there. What an adventure! I hope he has a fun time out there and most of all that he is safe. I get so scared thinking of what a scary neighborhoods he will be going in to! Things will be so different without Riley here. I will miss his silly songs that don't make sense, his mischievous smile, the way he plays with Gavin, and even how he leaves his shoes everywhere. The good news I just got today is that I might be able to spend an extra week out there if my advisor can work things out! Yippee!
We have had a lot of fun these past couple of weeks and seem to value spending time with each other more. Last week was my spring break and my sweet mom tended Gavin and bought us a night at the Hine's Mansion where we spent our wedding night. It was so much fun to get away and have a date night, so thanks mom! Then we spent some time with Ry's parents and went to the desert, dyed Easter eggs, and went out to dinner. We spent some time with my family too and played ball for a few hours. Last night the Fowkes' came over and hung out with us and I know it meant a lot to Riley! Also Riley's little brother Hayden came up to spend the night and I know Ry has loved spending time with him. Yep, life has been really good to us!

4 comments:

The Shurtleffs said...

I would be jealous, too. I love New York!

Fowkes said...

The jealousy thing I can totally understand!! It was a lot of fun being with you guys the other night-we sure will miss these fun times!! Seriously you better call if you need anything!!

Amanda Swenson said...

Hey Cassie! That is really cool that you guys have a blog and I just found it! What a cute fam.

Anonymous said...

Oh we miss you guys call if you need anything I will make the drive!!
I hope it's ok that I found you on here!!